The candle production line is made up of:
- Plastic slated infeed conveyer 6m long with 90 deg bend extending a further 2m
- Beading machine mounted over infeed conveyer. Auto fitting of 10mm x 6mm dia glass tube over wicks.
- Date coding station using a star wheel to feed glasses across a dead plate enabling bottom coding.
- Indexing conveyer 14.5 m long, 1m wide with stations for:
- Pre-heating glasses to reduce scaring and shrinkage in the finished candle. The heating consists of a thermostatically controlled heater plate and hot air blower.
- 10 lane dosing station using 5 x drive units each with 2 “king” gear pumps. Each pump is connected to a pneumatically controlled “King” dosing nozzle. Pumps and nozzles are connected to a header manifold using trace heated stainless steel braided hoses.
- Cooling station made up of a 9.5m covered section with integral inblow fans mounted in the top and 3 x 400mm extract fans along with some ducting for venting externally.
- Infrared heaters mounted in the cooling section near the end of the cooling are used for reheating the surface of the wax to remove surface imperfections.
- Plastic slated Outfeed conveyer 2.5m long with 90 deg bend extending a further 1.5m
- Bottom labeller with side drives (1 side drive missing)
- Plastic slated conveyer 8.0m long
- Control panel with controls for adjusting conveyer speeds, fill levels, fill speed and individual selection of dosing lanes.
- Recirculation pump and pipework for recirculating wax from holding vessel to dosing station.
- stainless steel, steam jacketed pan used as holding vessel
- stainless steel, steam jacketed pan used to mix the formulation before being transferred to the holding tank.